Mom And Son Spaceship Earth
  • On Jun 28, 2012
    Wendy from OH Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    My 10 year old son has ADHD and sensory issues. I'm worried about how he will do on our first trip to WDW later this summer. Should we look into a GAC? How could it help? I can get a doctor note or bring his school IEP if needed. Thank you!

    Hi Wendy!

    Walt Disney World does an amazing job at accommodating guests with their specific needs. 

    If your son has Sensory Processing Disorder you can obtain a doctor's note outlining his specific condition and needs. For example, if he finds loud noises and the bright sun distracting and disturbing, make sure that the doctor makes a note of that.

    When you arrive at the park, you can show your doctor's note and obtain a Guest Assistance Card (GAC.) The GAC doesn't guarantee front of the line or no wait, but it does provide access to an alternate queue for the guest and his/her family so that he will have a comfortable place to wait for the attraction.

thumbnail image for Stacy

Meet the Panelist: Stacy, South Carolina

Mother, wife, runner and Disney World fanatic! I'm passionate about Disney, running, fitness and fun! We have visited Disney World every year since our kids were toddlers. I love helping families plan their vacation at the most magical place on earth. Learn More About Stacy

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.