Three Generations Aboard Ship
  • On Sep 8, 2013
    Nicole Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    What travel documents are required for a cruise from FL to the Bahamas or Caribbean? Kids have dual citizenship US/ German but only German passport is valid. Can they travel with the German passport while residents of The USA?

    Ahoy Nicole!
    Welcome to the Moms Panel! This is an excellent question as passport requirements can be a bit confusing!  Since the cruise you are considering is departing from Florida, your children's German passports will not be valid.  You can either apply for U.S. passports for them or present their birth certificates.  Since your cruise is a closed loop cruise (leaving and departing from the same U.S. port), birth certificates are acceptable. 
    If you have any questions about passports, I suggest having a look at 
    Thank you for visiting the Moms Panel, Nicole! 
    Have a magical day!
thumbnail image for Nancy

Meet the Panelist: Nancy, Georgia

Ahoy there!I'm excited to help you plan a magical voyage filled with pixie dust onboard one of the magnificent Disney cruise ships. As a mom of two,I love planning a Disney cruise and can't wait for you to experience all that DCL has to offer. Learn More About Nancy

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.