Mom and daughter on Expedition Everest; Animal Kingdom
  • On May 18, 2009
    Christine from VA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    We would like to stay at the Carribean Resort but we are worried that one of our party cannot walk long distances. How can we arrange to get rooms near the Custom House and bus transportation?

    The first step in getting a specific room location is to call Disney reservations at 407-W-DISNEY and explain to them what your needs are. They will make a note of the request on your file. Then, just prior to your departure, you should call the hotel directly and reconfirm your location needs. Former Moms Panelist Bret does a great job of describing how to do this in the post found HERE.

    You should also be aware that there can be a substantial amount of walking with any WDW vacation, not just for those folks staying at the larger resorts. If your party member has difficulty walking, you may want to consider renting a wheelchair or ECV for at least some of your vacation. You can read more about this HERE.

    Have a safe trip!
thumbnail image for Erin

Meet the Panelist: Erin, New York

I have three teenage daughters. We're DVC members obsessed with Disney travel. We've been to Walt Disney World countless times and have visited Disneyland & Disneyland Paris. We've taken several Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise trips. Learn More About Erin

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please log in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.