Mom And Son Giraffe
  • On Jan 2, 2012
    Jeffrey from CA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    I'm going to be checking into Pop Century for my first trip ever to WDW, which will also be solo, on January 25th. Will I be able to put cash down for charging privledges instead of a credit card? Also, what would I do if I spend less than I put down?

    Hi, Jeffrey!  You can absolutely give cash to the front desk to be put "on account" so that you can use your Key to the World Card for charging privileges throughout the Walt Disney World resort.  You will not be able to charge more than what you deposit, and my suggestion to keep track would be to periodically stop back at the desk during your vacation to check your available balance.  

    You should go the night before you are due to check out to settle your account.  At that time, any money that you have not spent will be refunded to you.  A final folio (statement of your account) will be placed under your door or hung on your doorknob before you depart in the morning.

    I am so excited for you that you're taking your first trip to Walt Disney World!  I hope you enjoy the Pop Century resort (have a piece of tie-dyed cheesecake for me!), and I hope you make many happy memories!  

    Have a GREAT time!
thumbnail image for Anna

Meet the Panelist: Anna, New Jersey

My name is Anna and I am a wife, mother to three daughters and a son-in-law, and earning my Grandmom ears. I'm a law student and former teacher. I have planned vacations for all sorts celebrations, but really enjoy DVC vacations, helping military families, and assisting those with special dietary needs.    Learn More About Anna

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.