Family With Medals
  • On Jan 30, 2008
    Daniel from WY Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    My husband and I are traveling to WDW to celebrate out 15th wedding anniversary. We would like to make dinner reservations for the evening we arrive. What should we do if we experience travel delays at the airport and don't arrive as planned?

    It's always polite to call and cancel a reservation if you have the ability to. So, if you know you'll be delayed and will miss your dinner, just call Disney Dining at 407-WDW-DINE to let them know. If you are unable to call ahead, no worries, there won't be any penalty for missing your slot. There are, however, a few exceptions to this rule. A very few of the most in demand restaurants at WDW do require a credit card deposit to hold a reservation (these notably include Cinderella's Royal Table and the California Grill). If you miss one of these reservations, or even if you cancel less than 24 hours in advance, you will incur a fee. I would not make this type of a dining reservation if you're concerned about travel delays.
thumbnail image for Erin

Meet the Panelist: Erin, New York

I have three teenage daughters. We're DVC members obsessed with Disney travel. We've been to Walt Disney World countless times and have visited Disneyland & Disneyland Paris. We've taken several Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise trips. Learn More About Erin

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.