Mom And Son Nemos Reef; mom hugging son; laughing
  • On Sep 8, 2013
    Nicole Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    My husband does not have a valid passport. To save money we were thinking about getting him a passport card. Will this be enough to travel from FL to the Bahamas or Caribbean on a cruise?

    Ahoy Nicole!
    It is great to hear from you again!  Since a passport card won't allow you to travel by plane, I would just have your husband present his birth certificate and photo I.D, for your cruise departing from Florida.  Disney Cruise Line does not require, but recommends passports for Guests in the case of an unexpected emergency.  In the event of an unlikely emergency from one of the foreign ports of call, you may need to fly home so a passport book is the only way to travel by air.
    Again, I suggest checking for the current passport information. 
    I hope my answer is helpful, Nicole.  If I can assist you further, please let me know!
    Have a magical day!
thumbnail image for Nancy

Meet the Panelist: Nancy, Georgia

Ahoy there!I'm excited to help you plan a magical voyage filled with pixie dust onboard one of the magnificent Disney cruise ships. As a mom of two,I love planning a Disney cruise and can't wait for you to experience all that DCL has to offer. Learn More About Nancy

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.