DAK Disney 100; entrance; sunset
  • On Sep 5, 2023
    Justin from FL Asked Please note that experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    Hi,just moved to FL and want to get our AP’s but we won’t have our new licenses foranother week. I have an internet bill in my name but my wife isn’t on it. She has the power bill in her name, but it’s not ready. Can we use the change of address Mail?

    Hiya Justin,

    Welcome to planDisney, and welcome to Florida! Being able to visit the Theme Parks whenever you want is such a dream come true, and I'm so excited that you are considering making your move even more magical with Annual Passes.

    Justin, one of the most popular questions we get at planDisney is about verifying Florida residency. If you have a valid Florida Driver's license or Florida state-issued ID card (or military ID with a Florida address), it is easy to provide proof of residency. However, it can be a little more tricky if you do not. Since you are both still awaiting your Florida licenses, you can submit an additional form of residency to activate your Annual Passes. Your internet bill is acceptable (as long as it is no more than two months old), and the power bill would be an excellent choice for your wife. She can provide a printed, electronic version or the statement on her smartphone if she doesn't have a physical copy. However, if your wife does not have the utility bill, then additional forms of residency (dated no more than two months) can include the following:

    - Proof of current mortgage
    - a homeowner's insurance policy
    - automobile registration
    - mail from financial institutions, such as account statements
    - mail from federal, state, county, or city government agencies

    If your wife doesn't have any of these items, you can try to use the change-of-address letter from the postal service. In my experience, this hasn't been accepted, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I hope this was helpful, Justin. Before I let you go, did you know that Annual Passes are activated upon first use? This is helpful if you and your wife purchase Annual Passes on different dates. Once purchased, you have one year from the time you purchase an Annual Pass until you use it to activate it. As long as you enter the Theme Park on the same day, you will have the same expiration date despite your purchase dates.

    I hope this was helpful, Justin. If you need anything else, please come back and see us.

    Happy Planning!

    Ashley F.
thumbnail image for Ashley

Meet the Panelist: Ashley, Texas

Hey Y'all! I’m Ashley and I live in Texas. My family and I love trying out the yummy snacks (DOLE Whip anyone!) and taking full advantage of our resort days. When we are not piloting the Millennium Falcon, exploring Kilimanjaro Safaris, or watching fireworks, you can find me planning our next adventure to Walt Disney World! I am so excited that you are planning a trip, and I look forward to helping you dig a little deeper and find the magic in all of the wonders of Walt Disney World Resort. Learn More About Ashley

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please log in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.