Mom And Son Nemos Reef
  • On Sep 3, 2012
    Greg Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    I am a divorced single dad with primary physical custody of my two children (ages 7 and 11). I am planning on taking a Carribbean cruise with them this Christmas. Will I need any documentation to prove I can take them out of the country?

    Welcome to the Moms Panel, Greg!
    A holiday Caribbean cruise sounds like the perfect way to share the holiday season with your children, and a Disney ship is the perfect place to create magical holiday memories that the three of you will cherish always!
    When you arrive at the port for check-in, you will need to present your children's birth certificates or U.S. Passports along with a Minor Authorization Form to the Disney Castmember.  This Minor Authorization Form can be found online at when you complete your online check-in in the Planning Center section of the website.  You will need to print a copy of the form and have your ex-wife sign it.  It does not need to be notarized.
    I hope this helps, Greg!  Please let me know if I can help you further with your cruise plans! 
    Have a magical day!
thumbnail image for Nancy

Meet the Panelist: Nancy, Georgia

Ahoy there!I'm excited to help you plan a magical voyage filled with pixie dust onboard one of the magnificent Disney cruise ships. As a mom of two,I love planning a Disney cruise and can't wait for you to experience all that DCL has to offer. Learn More About Nancy

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.