Family With Medals
  • On Mar 26, 2015
    Nicole from KY Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    We have DDP. My husband isn't sure about some of the desserts that are offered. Do you know if he could ask for a Mickey ice cream sandwich instead?

    Hi, Nicole!  Unfortunately, unless the restaurant that you are enjoying has a Mickey ice cream sandwich on the menu as a dessert, they won't be able to substitute it for the dessert.  You are more likely to find them as a snack offering from an ice cream cart or kiosk around the theme parks.

    If you are at a table service dining location, talk to a member of the culinary staff to see if a dessert can be adapted to your husband's preferences.  Most restaurants have an ice cream option, even if it's only on the children's menu, and they might be able to provide your husband with something that he'll be happier with.

    I hope you have a great vacation!
thumbnail image for Anna

Meet the Panelist: Anna, New Jersey

My name is Anna and I am a wife, mother to three daughters and a son-in-law, and earning my Grandmom ears. I'm a law student and former teacher. I have planned vacations for all sorts celebrations, but really enjoy DVC vacations, helping military families, and assisting those with special dietary needs.    Learn More About Anna

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.