Mom And Kids Animal Kingdom
  • On Jun 19, 2012
    Jennifer from PA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    HI. Coming to WDW in Aug with the DDP. I had gastric bypass surgery and don not eat alot. Would I be able to share with my 7yr old so we don't waste so much food. Is there a special form I could get to show?

    Hi, Jennifer!  Welcome to Loserville! 

    There are some surgeons who will give you a card that says you are gastrically altered and unable to eat a normal adult portion of a meal.  If your surgeon doesn't offer them, you can do a search online or check out sites like, where you may be able to find templates to print one out yourself.  Just take it to your surgeon and have him sign.

    I have never had any problems sharing meals at Walt Disney World.  The only place you may encounter an issue is at a buffet or an all you care to eat meal.  In those cases, the card can come in handy, as some restaurants will offer you the meal for the same price as a kids' meal.  My first buffet experience after my gastric bypass surgery I was only able to eat cheese!  Imagine paying adult prices for a few slices of cheese!

    Have an absolutely wonderful time on your trip to Walt Disney World!
thumbnail image for Anna

Meet the Panelist: Anna, New Jersey

My name is Anna and I am a retired teacher with a J.D., a proud Navy wife with 30+ years of experience, mom to three daughters and a son-in-law, and grandmom to three tiny Disney fans. I have planned vacations for all sorts of special occasions and celebrations, but I really enjoy DVC vacations, helping military families, and assisting those with special dietary needs.    Learn More About Anna

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.