• On May 23, 2010
    Danielle from NY Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    HI. Visiting WDW 7/2010. I am having vascular surgery on my leg shortly before my trip. Will I be able to obtain a guest assistance pass so that I may enjoy my trip with my young sons? What documentation will I need? Thanks.

    Hi, Danielle!  You will be able to get a Guest Assistance Card at guest services at any of the Walt Disney World theme parks.  While documentation is not necessary, it does help to have a note from your doctor spelling out what restrictions you face, so the guest services cast members know exactly what type of assistance might be beneficial to you.

    The Guest Assistance Card will then provide cast members at the attractions some information so that they can best accommodate your condition.  In some cases, you may be asked to use a Fast Pass to avoid a long line, or you might be directed to a place to sit while waiting for your turn on an attraction.  The more information about your condition you can provide, the better they are able to assist you.

    I hope your vacation with your sons is absolutely magical, and best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery!
thumbnail image for Anna

Meet the Panelist: Anna, New Jersey

My name is Anna and I am a wife, mother to three daughters and a son-in-law, and earning my Grandmom ears. I'm a law student and former teacher. I have planned vacations for all sorts celebrations, but really enjoy DVC vacations, helping military families, and assisting those with special dietary needs.    Learn More About Anna

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.