Mom And Son Safari
  • On May 31, 2010
    Pam from IL Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    We will be visiting WDW in a few weeks. I have MS, but to look at me you wouldn't know. My biggest disability is extreme fatigue. I can be fine one minute & need to sit & rest the next. Do I have to prove this in order to get a GAC?

    Hi, Pam!  Walt Disney World has never asked any member of my family for "proof" of their disability.  Some of them have been obvious (my father was a double amputee), others not so much (my husband is legally blind, but still has some vision).  The best way for the cast members to know how to best assist you with a Guest Assistance Card, however, might be just a simple note from your doctor explaining your special needs.

    For someone that suffers from fatigue, some of the ways you may be accommodated would be with seated waiting areas or entrance through a Fast Pass line, where these things are available.  Again, you don't need proof, but if a note from the doctor does a better job of explaining your circumstances than you think you could do yourself, it would certainly help the Cast Members in making your visit a magical one!

    I hope your vacation is wonderful!
thumbnail image for Anna

Meet the Panelist: Anna, New Jersey

My name is Anna and I am a wife, mother to three daughters and a son-in-law, and earning my Grandmom ears. I'm a law student and former teacher. I have planned vacations for all sorts celebrations, but really enjoy DVC vacations, helping military families, and assisting those with special dietary needs.    Learn More About Anna

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.