Mom and daughter on Expedition Everest
  • On Apr 28, 2010
    Lori Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    I am travelling on my own this summer with my six year old son who has special needs. I understand Disney may have a pass that I can get to help my son manage waiting in lines. Is this correct? Is there a way he can wait in an alternative location?

    Hi Lori!

    You are correct.  It is called the Guest Assistance Card (GAC) and you pick one up at Guest Services when you get to the Park.

    At each attraction you will show your card to the Cast Member there and if there is a way they can help you, they will. It tends to vary with each attraction; sometimes it is an alternative waiting area, but not always.

     Be sure to let Guest Services and the Cast Members know specifically what you need and they will do their best to help!

    Thanks so much for thinking of the Disney Moms Panel when you had a question, please let us know if we can help with any more!
thumbnail image for Amy

Meet the Panelist: Amy, Georgia

My name is Amy and I live in North Georgia where my husband and I own a restaurant and small hotel. My family explores Disney about twice a year and we always discover something new to share with our family, neighbors, friends and potential future friends! Learn More About Amy

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.