Mom And Son Safari
  • On Sep 16, 2012
    Jennifer from TN Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Traveling w/my dad who has a heart condition (pacer/defib); normally, he is okay but sometimes has difficulty standing for long periods or walking up steep hills, i.e. at Fantasmic. Can we obtain a GAC when we check in to our resort or just the parks?

    Hi Jennifer, 

    You can get a Guest Assistance Card only at Guest Relations at any of the theme parks.  Your Dad will need to be present and explain his medical situation to a Cast Member.  They will be able to assist him further.  If your Dad has trouble standing or walking for long periods of time, you may want to consider a wheelchair if he will let you.  You can rent them daily at the entrance to each of the parks.  It is so wonderful to visit Walt Disney World with family.  I know your vacation with your Dad will be just magical! 

thumbnail image for Laura

Meet the Panelist: Laura, Indiana

I am a family practice physician and mother of three children.  I would love to answer any questions about Disney Vacation Club and my most favorite place in the whole world:  Walt Disney World!  Let me sprinkle some magic in your life! Learn More About Laura

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.