Mom And Daughter; Magic Kingdom; Cinderella's Castle; AA; Mickey Balloon
  • On Jan 27, 2010
    Jennifer from IN Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    Hello, I am taking my 8 year old little boy with high functioning Autism to WDW 06-06 thru 06-10 for the first time. Can I show the letter stating his diagnosis dated 2005? or should I bring a current letter in order to get the GAC? Thanks

    Hi there Jennifer,

    Many families with children on the spectrum report that Disney is a very user-friendly destination for their special kids.  I'm one of them!  You don't actually need a doctor's note to receive a Guest Assistance Card for your son.  Simply go to Guest Relations at whichever park you visit first, and explain to the cast member who assists you that your son's disability prevents him from waiting in long lines.  If you wanted to bring along a note, you certainly could, but it isn't necessary.

    I hope your son and entire family has a magical trip!


thumbnail image for Tanya

Meet the Panelist: Tanya, New Jersey

I am Tanya from FL, full-time mom to two fun-loving boys. I have an array of planning tips and believe I offer a unique perspective on how to make Disney an amazing adventure for individuals with a variety of needs and abilities. Learn More About Tanya

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.