Mom And Son Water Slide
  • On May 2, 2010
    Cassandra from SC Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    We will be taking our first Disney Cruise next April (2011) with our 2 year old daughter. What is recommended for her proof of citizenship? Can we just use her birth certificate or is a passport preferred?

    Hi Cassandra,

    Welcome to the Moms Panel!  While an original or certified birth certificate will be acceptable for a U.S. Citizen under the age of 18; I highly recommend getting her a passport.  I am one of those moms that always wants to be prepared.  My reasoning is that In the unlikely event that someone in your family had a medical emergency and you needed to return to the U.S. by air, a passport would be required to do so.  By having a passport, you will have peace of mind that you could travel whenever and however necessary.
    Hope this helps!
thumbnail image for Karen

Meet the Panelist: Karen, New Hampshire

Ahoy matey!  My name is Karen and if there is such a person as the all-American Disney Mom, I'm it. I am a proud card-carrying member of Disney Cruise Line's Castaway Club and I would love to help you plan your Disney Cruise Line vacation! Learn More About Karen

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.