AA Mom And Kids Mickey Ice Cream Bar; DinoLand U.S.A.; animal kingdom
  • On Mar 1, 2011
    Christina from PA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    We have a special needs child and are wondering if we will need a doctors note for her condition? It is not something that you see until she has an "episode".

    Hi Christina!

    If it's not an obvious issue, and you'll be requesting a Guest Assistance Card (GAC) to help you successfully navigate the parks, I would go ahead and bring something, just to be pro-active.  For the record, we've NEVER been asked to provide documentation, but I always carry a letter from our Occupational Therapist (OT) that outlines accommodations that will help our son have a more enjoyable vacation.

    Guest Assistance Cards (GACs) are available at Guest Services at any of the theme parks.  Guest Relations is located in City Hall in Magic Kingdom, just past Spaceship Earth (on the left as you come in the main entrance), just to the left of the entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios, and just off to the left as you enter Disney's Animal Kingdom.

    I hope this helps!
    Have a magical vacation!

thumbnail image for Amanda

Meet the Panelist: Amanda, Texas

I am a former Kindergarten teacher turned stay-at-home Mom to my 2 boys and daughter.  I've been married to my High School sweetheart since 2000, and we consider ourselves experienced Walt Disney World travelers with little ones. Learn More About Amanda

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.