Mom and daughter on Expedition Everest
  • On Jan 30, 2011
    Deborah from MO Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    When a single mother is traveling with her child and they have different last names is there any paperwork that needs to be brought? (I.e. birth certificate or custody papers) We will be staying with in the country.

    Hi Deborah!

    I know I'm probably one of those 'over prepared' Moms, but we ALWAYS travel with copies of ALL our children's birth certificates.  We've never had ANY issues, but it is always nice to have, especially if you are traveling with a child under 2 and will not be purchasing a seat for them on the airplane. 

    I'd suggest you bring copies of both for 'just in case' situations.  My thought is if you don't need them, great!!  But if you do...what would your plan be?  Could it potentially postpone or change your vacation plans?

    Have a magical vacation!
thumbnail image for Amanda

Meet the Panelist: Amanda, Texas

I am a former Kindergarten teacher turned stay-at-home Mom to my 2 boys and daughter.  I've been married to my High School sweetheart since 2000, and we consider ourselves experienced Walt Disney World travelers with little ones. Learn More About Amanda

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.