• On Nov 28, 2018
    Sarah from MO Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    I have my passport card but my children do not. I was informed just their birth certificates will be accepted and they don’t need passports. This is for the San Juan to Miami cruise.

    Hi Sarah,

    Thanks so much for sailing by!  For minor children traveling with their parents to the Caribbean or Bahamas, you are correct that a birth certificate is sufficient.  I recommend, if at all possible, securing a passport, because if you should have to fly back to the United States due to some unforeseen emergency, you will need passports to re-enter the country. If this isn't possible, I would be sure to check the required travel documentation site to ensure you have everything you need to board.

    Have a magical vacation!
thumbnail image for Tanya

Meet the Panelist: Tanya, Florida

I am Tanya from FL, mom to two teen boys who keep me on the go. I have an array of planning tips and believe I offer a unique perspective on how to make Disney an amazing adventure for individuals with a variety of needs and abilities. Learn More About Tanya

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.