Mom And Son Water Slide
  • On Jun 29, 2011
    Cindy from GA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    What papers do I need to travel with my minor grandson if his parents are not traveling with us?

    Hi, Cindy!

    You will be sent a cruise packet about 10 days to two weeks prior to your sail date from Disney Cruise Line (DCL).  Among other forms, the packet will contain a Minor Authorization Form which provides parental consent for a minor child to travel without his/her parents.  For DCL, the form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to embarkation. You can also download the form from My Online Check In which is under the Planning Center on There are also forms available at the port terminal as a last-minute option.

    However, as a precaution, I would consult the country or countries to which you are traveling to make sure that a notarized consent form -- signed by both parents -- might be in order.  I would rather be safe than sorry!

    I hope this helps you plan, and if I can answer any other questions for you, please come back to ask. Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!

thumbnail image for Andi

Meet the Panelist: Andi, Alabama

Anchors aweigh! Time to set sail aboard Disney Cruise Line, and I'm just the mom to help you navigate the waters of planning. From stem to stern to ports of call, I'll show you the ropes of pixie-dusted vessels filled with magic and adventure. Learn More About Andi

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please log in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.