Mom And Daughter; Animal Kingdom
  • On Jul 6, 2010
    Lisa from MA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    I have mild ataxia and do not require a wheel chair, but have trouble walking or standing for long periods of time. what information is required to receive a special assistance card.

    Hi Lisa,

    I sympathize with your situation, you have the right idea here so you can experience the attractions with the least amount of pain by looking into getting a Guest Assistance Card (GAC).  You will need to get your doctor to write you a note explaining your ailment so that WDW can determine which type of GAC would be most appropriate for your situation.  Just take the doctors note along with you and bring it to the Guest Relations location in any of the Theme Parks and the cast members there will assist you in getting your GAC which can be used for the duration of your stay.  Have a magical time.

    Best wishes,
thumbnail image for Brigitta

Meet the Panelist: Brigitta, British Columbia

I am a Canadian citizen working in the tourism industry. My Disney World experiences started with my family when I was just a little girl. I have continued this tradition with my daughter who has been there now more than 15 times. Learn More About Brigitta

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.