Family With Medals; RunDisney 10K; Stitch Hat; Lilo and Stitch Costume
  • On Dec 30, 2008
    Kimberly from PA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    My MIL is traveling to WDW. She received a WDW gift card as a gift. It is a large sum. Can she put some of the gift card money on her room account at the CBR? She would like to give her grandson spending money. Can she get him a separate card?

    Hi Kimberly,

    When you check into the Caribbean Beach Resort, ask the cast member to apply a certain amount of the gift card to your room account.  Make sure to leave a small amount on the original card.  You will then be able to give your grandson the remaining balance.

    Make sure your grandson is careful with the card.  It should be treated just like cash.  If you lose the card you will not be able to get the balance back.

    You will also want to make sure you use your room keys to charge meals and merchandise.  At the end of your stay you will only have to pay the difference between your charges and the amount you originally applied from the gift cards.

    Enjoy your stay

thumbnail image for Michelle

Meet the Panelist: Michelle, New Jersey

I have been fortunate enough to be on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel since 2008.  As a Disney World enthusiast, I can’t imagine a greater opportunity.  My husband, our 6-year-old daughter, and I visit WDW a few times a year. 

Learn More About Michelle

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.