Mom and daughter on Expedition Everest; Animal Kingdom
  • On Jun 14, 2011
    Robert from PA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    We are looking for child care service for one night during our trip. I have 2 questions: Is the services just for in-room or can they go to the pool, parks, etc. Two, my son is autistic; do the services accommodate his disability?

    Hi Robert,

    I personally have not used a sitter at Walt Disney World but I can see why parent's would want some time to recharge. Having a daughter with Asperger's, I see why you would want to be extra careful leaving your child in another's hand.

    I know Kids Nite Out is a childcare service available at Disney. This service does offer childcare for children from six weeks to 12 including children with special needs. You can give them a call or check them out at their website,

    I would also ask them if your son can leave the room to walk the resort or go to the game room.

    Wishing you a magical vacation!
thumbnail image for Beth

Meet the Panelist: Beth, New York

My name is Beth C. and I love Disney. Since I can remember Disney has been a part of my life including my first movie in the theater – "The Aristocats." Learn More About Beth

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.