• On Jul 17, 2011
    Jennifer from NJ Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    My husband has rheumatoid arthritis and takes weekly enbrel shots. His hands, ankle, and knee joints will swell after being active for too long. He does have a handicap parking pass and card. Do you know offhand if this will grant him an assistance pass?

    Hi Jennifer,

    You do not need any type of medical proof to get a Guest Assistance Card, it is available for all Guests who have special needs.  That said, I would present his card while you are there.  All you need to do is go to Guest Services at the first park you go to and explain what you need.  They will tailor the card to accomodate his needs as much as is possible.  The Guest Assistance Card most likely will permit him and and up to 5 other people in his party to enter the attractions together through an alternate entrance when available.

    I hope you have a wonderful trip!  Thanks for visiting the Moms Panel.
thumbnail image for Marisol

Meet the Panelist: Marisol, Florida

Magic Kingdom still takes my breath away, but my favorite place to be is on a Disney ship looking at the horizon and breathing in that crisp, clean ocean air!  I love planning Disney vacations for others and making sure it's more than they dreamed. Learn More About Marisol

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.