• On Jan 19, 2010
    Michele from PA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    My husband and I are planning our first trip to WDW with our twins. My daughter has a disability and I was wondering what you were referring to when you talked about a GAC pass which gave access to alternative entrance to rides. What does this mean? I

    Hi, Michele!  The Guest Assistance Card is presented to the Cast Member at whatever attraction your daughter wishes to do.  Depending on what her disability is, the Cast Member will do what they can to help accommodate her in a manner so that her wait is more comfortable.  In some instance, this means an alternate entrance (to accommodate a wheelchair or electronic convenience vehicle), special seating inside an attraction, an outside waiting area that is more comfortable for her, etc.  It really depends on the disability and what her particular needs are. 

    You can obtain a Guest Assistance Card at Guest Services at any of the theme parks.  I've always found the cast members to be very helpful when we've used a Guest Assistance Card for a disabled member of our party.

    Have a magical vacation!
thumbnail image for Anna

Meet the Panelist: Anna, New Jersey

My name is Anna and I am a retired teacher with a J.D., a proud Navy wife with 30+ years of experience, mom to three daughters and a son-in-law, and grandmom to three tiny Disney fans. I have planned vacations for all sorts of special occasions and celebrations, but I really enjoy DVC vacations, helping military families, and assisting those with special dietary needs.    Learn More About Anna

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.