Mom And Daughter; Animal Kingdom
  • On Jun 5, 2013
    Nancy Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    My husband has continuous swelling and pain on both feet. His condition worsens if walking/standing is prolonged. What do you recommend? Any accommodations offered? Will he need a Dr. note to receive any accommodation, if any?

    Hello Nancy - I would suggest you go to Guest Relations at the first park you will be visiting.  The cast members there are trained to discuss your husband's specific needs and provide suggestions to him.  He will likely be offered a scooter or wheelchair and may also receive a Guest Assistance Card which will alert other cast members on how they can best accommodate him for his condition.  Some people do bring a note from their doctor as back-up but it is not required.  I hope you and your husband have a magical vacation!
thumbnail image for Diane

Meet the Panelist: Diane, Connecticut

Hello! I’m Diane from Connecticut. I am a retired project manager and I'm married with three grown children.  My family enjoys traveling to Walt Disney World and believe Disney vacations are like snowflakes in the Northeast, no two are the same! Learn More About Diane

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.