Mom With Kids After Run
  • On Mar 17, 2013
    Chris Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    Hi, my hubby and I are both Deaf and will require the card for persons with disabilities. Is this something that I need to get each day before visiting each park? Or can I get one on the first day of my visit and use it all week?

    Hi, Chris!  When you go to Guest Services at the first theme park you are going to, just let them know how many days you will be on vacation, and your pass will be good for the number of days of your stay.  In terms of assistance for those with hearing impairments, they will be able to offer you seating closer to the stages or the screens, so that you can read lips or feel vibrations.  

    Another thing you might want to do is contact Walt Disney World at 407-824-4321 (voice) or 407-827-5141 (tty) at least two weeks prior to your vacation.  There are currently sign language interpreters available for the live shows, and they operate on a rotating schedule.  Someone will contact you with what the best schedule is for you, and suggest when you might be able to enjoy the shows that have the sign language interpreters provided.

    I hope you have an absolutely magical vacation!
thumbnail image for Anna

Meet the Panelist: Anna, New Jersey

My name is Anna and I am a retired teacher with a J.D., a proud Navy wife with 30+ years of experience, mom to three daughters and a son-in-law, and grandmom to three tiny Disney fans. I have planned vacations for all sorts of special occasions and celebrations, but I really enjoy DVC vacations, helping military families, and assisting those with special dietary needs.    Learn More About Anna

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.