Mom And Son Safari
  • On Jul 24, 2012
    Nancy from NY Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    Hi! Heading to WDW with my 80-year old father in March, 2013. He loves old movies, and I'm planning to take him to the Hollywood Brown Derby for dinner one night. Can I order a fancy custom cake (fondant?) or other treats to surprise him there? Thanks!

    Hi Nancy! A dinner at the Brown Derby will be quite a nice treat for your dad. Maybe you can also get a lunch reservation at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater where he can see some very old black and white movie clips!

    You can order a custom bakery cake for delivery to any Disney restaurant by calling 407-827-2253. Be sure and have an idea of what you would like and size and flavors etc. They will be glad to work with you so your father will have a wonderful surprise that evening.

    You might also want to consider something for his room. You can see all kinds of ideas at .  I know when I have taken my elderly mother she has loved coming back to the room to find a surprise whether it be flowers or candy or just about anything else. You are never too old for something from Mickey and friends!
thumbnail image for Kay

Meet the Panelist: Kay, Indiana

Hello Adventurers and travelers! I am Kay and a past Adventures By Disney mom for the panel. But now I am excited to share vacation planning tips for those heading out for an incredible vacation to Walt Disney World. Learn More About Kay

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.