Mom And Kids Animal Kingdom
  • On Apr 16, 2012
    Ashlie from TX Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    How does the GAC work? My 9yr old son has ADHD and Tourette's. He has a bending tic and gets leg cramps. any suggestions on what to do or how to spend our time the most significant way?

    Hi Ashlie! During my last visit I had a long discussion about the Guest Assistance Cards in the parks. You will need to head to the Guest Services located in each park and ask them for a card. They are not given for those with mobility issues but they are for guests who have the "invisible" issues where they might need extra help from the cast members. When you approach an attraction you are to show the cast member the card and they will then direct you to optional waiting areas and lines. This is set up for those that can't handle the hustle and bustle of the normal wait lines. Please know that the card does not offer guests immediate access to attractions. There will be waits just as if you were in the regular lines and they are telling guests if the attraction uses the Fast Pass System they should also get a Fast Pass so they will be expedited through. Hope this helps. I am sure your son will have a wonderful time!
thumbnail image for Kay

Meet the Panelist: Kay, Indiana

Hello Adventurers and travelers! I am Kay and a past Adventures By Disney mom for the panel. But now I am excited to share vacation planning tips for those heading out for an incredible vacation to Walt Disney World. Learn More About Kay

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.