EPCOT; Mother and Son; Spaceship Earth
  • On Feb 16, 2011
    Kathleen from LA Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    My father is handicapped and we will be coming to disney in 10 days. What exactly do we need from the doctor to show that he is handicapped and do we have to bring that to each park to recieve the guest assistance card?

    Hi Kathleen,

    All your father will need to do is explain to the cast member at guest services what his disability is so they can tailor the Guest Assistance Card (GAC) to his needs. I have included the link to available services for you to review prior to your vacation. You can easily explain his needs to the cast member as well.

    Once your father receives the GAC, it will be issued for your entire length of stay and will be honored at any of the Walt Disney World parks.

    When you are entering an attraction, you simply show the GAC to the cast member who is at the entrance to the attraction. The cast member will then assist you to the special entrance or seating for the attraction.

    I wish you a magical vacation!
thumbnail image for Beth

Meet the Panelist: Beth, New York

My name is Beth C. and I love Disney. Since I can remember Disney has been a part of my life including my first movie in the theater – "The Aristocats." Learn More About Beth

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.