Pluto at Magic Kingdom
  • On Jun 9, 2021
    Penelope from SC Asked Please note that experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    I have an ESA. I have travel papers for her. Please advise on taking care of notifying the property in advance to make sure appropriate advance clearance can be secured. Also please advise of any fees necessary. I can provide credentials and ESA letter.

    Hi there, Penelope! Welcome to planDisney! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and asking your wonderful Walt Disney World Resort vacation question! 

    At Walt Disney World Resort, there are two different classifications when it comes to visiting animals! Critters will either fall into the pet category or the service animal category. Service animals are defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act as a trained dog that works or performs tasks for, and to assist, an individual with a disability. Emotional Support Animals (ESA) differ from a service animal in that they are not trained to perform a specific task(s) to mitigate an individual’s disability. Instead, they solely provide support through companionship. With all of this in mind, the majority of emotional support animals fall into the pet category since they do not meet the requirements of a service animal. 

    I am happy to report, though, that there are select Disney Resort hotels that have designated dog-friendly accommodations! These include Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. All dog-friendly accommodations at these resorts have quick access to outdoor areas for pet relief and Guests will receive a complimentary Pluto’s Welcome Kit at check-in! There is also a pet fee associated with traveling with your dog. If you are staying at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, or The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, a charge of $50 per night plus tax will be charged to your room account. If you are staying at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, this charge with be $75 plus tax. 

    To make sure there is space available in the dog-friendly section at these resorts, you will need to reach out to the Disney Resort Hotels Reservation phone line! Here, a Cast Member will assist you with noting your furry traveler and assigning you the correct room location.

    Best of luck as you continue to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World Resort! Please let us know if we can answer any other questions as well!

thumbnail image for Wyatt

Meet the Panelist: Wyatt, Colorado

Hello! I'm Wyatt and I'm so very excited to provide you with all the best tips and tricks for getting the very most out of your Disney World vacations! I'm married to a fellow Disney enthusiast and, while we don't have any human children yet, we are delighted to be pet parents. Professionally, I work in private practice as a mental health counselor. I'm also knowledgable regarding disability services and accessibility at Disney World due to my own history of chronic illness.  Learn More About Wyatt

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.