Mom And Kids Animal Kingdom
  • On Jun 2, 2012
    Charmaine from KY Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    I have been to disney several times over the years but this will be the first time since my son was injuried he is a 24 year old paraplegic now an i am nervous about what he can do he has only been injuried 21 months.

    Hi Charmaine,

    I would recommend that you and your son go to Guest Relations at the theme park that you will to visit and talk with the Cast Member about a Guest Assistance Card (GAC).  This will allow him and his party to be able to bypass lines and wait in alternative queues.  You can frankly discuss his disability with the Cast Member, and they will certainly help you and him.   I can only imagine just how stressful this may be as he is such a short time from his accident.  Walt Disney World does a wonderful job with anyone with any sort of a disability.  I also want you to contact them at (407) 827-5141 to further assist you in the theme parks and at the resorts.  I know this trip will be just as magical, if not more, than your son's previous trips to Disney.  

thumbnail image for Laura

Meet the Panelist: Laura, Indiana

I am a family practice physician and mother of three children.  I would love to answer any questions about Disney Vacation Club and my most favorite place in the whole world:  Walt Disney World!  Let me sprinkle some magic in your life! Learn More About Laura

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.