Kilimanjaro Safaris; Animal Kingdom; AA
  • On Aug 28, 2013
    Laura from MB Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    59 days! My mom was suppose to come along & help DH and I with DS & DD (7,1) but had to cancel due to injury :( worried about not having that extra set of adult hands with a 1 YO! Any advice? 2 weeks, doing both MNSSHP & MVMCP, WP&M too!!

    Hi Laura,

    Thanks so much for visiting the Disney Parks Moms Panel with your question. I have a few ideas that might help to make your vacation a little smoother, even without the extra pair of hands.

    When you are in the theme parks, be sure to take advantage of the Baby Care Centers. The Baby Care Centers have quiet places to change and feed your little one, as well as to just take a break from the theme park. They also sell items such as diapers and wipes in case you forgot them at home.

    Since you have a 7-year-old and a 1-year-old, my guess is that they are on different daily schedules. Especially in the mid-afternoon when the little one might need a nap, I would suggest that one adult go back to the resort to let the little one rest, while the other stays out with the 7-year-old. This should help to keep the children happy, and by extension, the parents! Then you can come back together later in the afternoon. Even though we only have one child, my husband and I would do this when she was little. One of us would take her back to the room to take a nap while the other stayed out at the theme park.  

    A final idea for you is to look into hiring a Parent Helper. The Parent Helper could go into the theme parks with you and help you with your children. Although you might not want to do this for your entire trip, perhaps there are certain days on which you feel like you could use an extra hand. The company that can provide a Parent Helper is Kid's Nite Out. Their website is, and their phone number is 1-800-696-8105 or (407) 828-0920. You can also e-mail them at There is an hourly fee for this service, plus you need to pay a transportation charge and theme park admission for the Parent Helper.

    I hope this gives you some ideas, Laura! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
thumbnail image for Mona Leigh

Meet the Panelist: Mona Leigh, Maryland

I am a wife and mother who works in children's technology design and research. When I'm not at work or with my family, I'm often planning a Walt Disney World trip for my family or friends. I'm a Disney Vacation Club Member, and am excited to help you plan your Disney vacation!  Learn More About Mona Leigh

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please log in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.