Mom and Daughter at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Room
  • On Jul 11, 2010
    Linda from MI Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    My daughter has Asperger's and I got the GAC in the past by introducing her and having my husband take her away as I explained it. I don't talk about this diagnosis in front of her and now she is twelve and more aware. Do I have to have her there with me?

    Hi Linda,

    If you happen to have kept your Guest Assistance Card (GAC) from your past trip, then all you would need to do is bring it with you to any Guest Relations location at the Parks and tell them that it has expired and they will gladly renew it for you for your current vacation.

    If you have not held on to it since your last trip, then I would just suggest you bring a doctor's note with you explaining her ailment and they will issue her another GAC and I am sure they would understand her not being present with you if you explained to them exactly what you explained in your question here. 

    I wish you, your husband and especially your daughter a most magical time on your upcoming trip.

    Best wishes,
thumbnail image for Brigitta

Meet the Panelist: Brigitta, British Columbia

I am a Canadian citizen working in the tourism industry. My Disney World experiences started with my family when I was just a little girl. I have continued this tradition with my daughter who has been there now more than 15 times. Learn More About Brigitta

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please log in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.