Mom With Kids After Run
  • On Nov 23, 2008
    Sharon from MO Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    Hi moms and dad, we are off to wdw in 2days!!, my daughter can't hold in her excitement. I was wondering what documents and such we need to bring, like birth certificate, social security card, tickets, vouchers,etc. Thanks!!

    If you're traveling by airplane, all adults need to have a photo ID with a name that matches the name on their airline ticket. You should check with your specific airline about what forms of identification are acceptable, but in most cases a passport or state-issued drivers license will do the trick. Additionally, you may want to check the Transportation Security Administration website at to make sure you're bringing only approved items with you onto the plane.

    If you're taking Disney's Magical Express from the Orlando airport to your hotel, you should bring any documentation or vouchers Magical Express sent you. You'll also want to have any hotel reservation confirmation documents and/or confirmation numbers as well as the confirmation numbers for any dining reservations you have made.

    I have never had any need for my social security card during travel to WDW. I have also never needed the birth certificate for anyone in my party for a WDW trip. Disney cast members will believe you when you tell them how old your children are. However, if you were traveling in 2009 and wanted to take advantage of Disney's "get in free on your birthday" promotion, you would need a birth certificate for a child participating in that.

    As for in the parks ... You will obviously need your park admission tickets. I also bring with me photo ID -- this could help you if you were to lose your room key.  I bring a credit card and a small amount of cash, even though I charge almost everything I purchase back to my room. You'll also want to carry with you at all times any medical insurance cards you have. I have run into situations where a member of my party became ill at a theme park. We need cash for the cab to a near-by clinic. We needed the credit card and medical insurance card to pay for the medical treatment.

    I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a trip to WDW. Be sure to say "hi" if you see me in the parks!

thumbnail image for Erin

Meet the Panelist: Erin, New York

I have three teenage daughters. We're DVC members obsessed with Disney travel. We've been to Walt Disney World countless times and have visited Disneyland & Disneyland Paris. We've taken several Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise trips. Learn More About Erin

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.