• On Jul 24, 2021
    Hamara from FL Asked Please note that experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    I would like to celebrate my son's 1st bday at MK. Would I be able to bring a cake and sit down in one of the designated areas to have a "smash the cake" DIY photo shoot? Of course with a sheet underneath to make sure not to make a mess.

    Hi, Hamara!

    I can't think of a more magical way to celebrate a birthday than with a visit to Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World! Your little Mouseketeer will be ushering in his birthday in royal style, with Cinderella Castle as a backdrop. A smash cake photo session is a precious way to commemorate his big day!

    There are several great ways to prepare for your celebration:

    1) If you make a dining reservation at a Magic Kingdom Table Service location, you can arrange to have a small Celebration Cake delivered. You can request the cake to be boxed up so you can transport it to your desired location for photos. Participating restaurants include: Be Our Guest Restaurant, Cinderella's Royal Table, The Crystal Palace, Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Restaurant, and Tony's Town Square Restaurant.

    2) At Amorette's Patisserie in Disney Springs, you can pre-order and pick up a cake and bring it with you for your photos. They have a wide selection of fun cakes you can customize, and everything is delicious. (Make sure to pick up a treat for yourself!)

    3) Select Disney Resorts Collection hotels offer Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes as a purchase option in their Quick Service restaurants. We popped over to Contempo Cafe in Disney's Contemporary Resort on a recent trip to pick up a cake for my daughter's birthday celebration. We took it with us to Magic Kingdom Park and enjoyed it as a fun dessert in Casey's Corner! Check your resort's dining locations for availability.

    For more information about ordering a specialty Celebration Cake, you can make a dining reservation and request a cake by calling (407) WDW-DINE. You can also make an Advance Dining Reservation online, and then call the Walt Disney World Cake Ordering Hotline at (407) 827-2253 to add a cake order to your existing reservation. To place an order at Amorette's, call (407) 934-3500 or visit the store at least 72 hours in advance.

    I'm happy to hEAR you're already planning to bring along a sheet to catch any stray crumbs. The spot I would recommend for your photos would be the fenced-in garden area directly in front of The Crystal Palace restaurant, if it is available. The earlier in the day the better, as that becomes quite a popular afternoon rest spot for weary parkgoers. Pro Tip: Consider booking a Capture Your Moment photo session with a Disney PhotoPass photographer to document your little one's milestone, and so that you can get in the photos as well! (Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be booked online. To share details about celebrations and special occasions in advance of your session call (407) 939-7758.)

    I hope this gives you lots of ideas and inspiration for your special celebration!
    Diane W. 
thumbnail image for Diane

Meet the Panelist: Diane, Alabama

"Dream It! Plan It! Do It!" – that's my motto! If you've always dreamed of a magical visit to Walt Disney World Resort, or sailing away with Captain Mickey on a Disney Cruise, I'd love to help you plan and make the most of your vacation. My favorite getaway is a Land and Sea adventure - from Cinderella Castle to sand castles! Learn More About Diane

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.