• On Feb 3, 2021
    Karen from FL Asked Please note that experiences, policies, pricing and other offerings are subject to change and may have changed since the date of this answer.

    I had an annual pass and cancelled it due to Covid. I would like to renew it. How can I go about doing that?

    Hey there, Karen. Thanks for visiting us here at planDisney with your question. I, too, am an Annual Passholder and have been for years. It was such a hard decision last spring when it came to making the decision of keeping my Annual Pass and taking the extension or just requesting a refund. 

    Walt Disney World hasn't opened up their Annual Pass program back up to the general public just yet. But I think you'll be happy to know that there are a few groups of people that qualify for a new Annual Pass. Right now, Walt Disney World is issuing new passes to children who have turned 3 with a parent who is a present passholder and Guests, like yourself, who canceled during the shutdown. To get a new pass for yourself, you'll need to call the ticketing department customer service line. If it were me, I'd call the V.I.PASSHOLDER support line first at (407)WDW-PASS. However, they may direct you to the actual ticket line instead which would be (407) 939-7679. Speaking with a Cast Member, you'll need to put in a request for a new Annual Pass, they will fill out a form for you. Information like what type of pass you had and when you canceled will be collect and submitted to the ticketing team. They will review your request and reach back out to you with more information. Annual Passes are being sold on a case by case basis, currently, but you do fall within the guidelines for a new one. I should mention, because you will be getting a new Annual Pass due to your previous one being canceled, you won't be receiving any type of renewal discount at this time. 

    While current Annual Passes are being honored, it does look a bit different than it did before. In addition to valid theme park admission, Guests including Annual Passholders are required to make Park Pass Reservation online before visiting a Walt Disney World Theme Park. Annual Passholders staying offsite are eligible to make Park Pass reservations for a total of 3 days. This is a rolling system, once you've used one of your 3 days, you are able to make additional reservations. If an Annual Passholder is staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel, those Guests are able to make Park Pass Reservations for the length of their stay in addition to the standard 3. Sometimes, it can be difficult to get a Park Pass Reservation for certain days so as soon as you know you'll be visiting the Walt Disney World Theme Parks, I highly encourage you to hop online and make your reservations.

    I am so glad that Walt Disney World is back open and spreading the magic once again. I know you are going to be so thrilled about getting a new Annual Pass, Karen. If you have any other questions about Annual Passes or anything else, I'd love for you to stop back by and ask. 

thumbnail image for Jackie

Meet the Panelist: Jackie, North Carolina

I love all things Walt Disney World.  In fact, since becoming Annual Passholders, my family of 3 is always hopping in the car for a quick trip to visit with Mickey Mouse!  I've been known to make the 8 hour each way drive to Walt Disney World (in one day!) to indulge in a Mickey Waffle or enjoy a sunny day at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park.  I may have a small family, but we are always up for some BIG fun at the Walt Disney World Resort.   Learn More About Jackie

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.