Mom And Son On Run
  • On May 26, 2014
    James from DE Asked Note: This answer was provided prior to the change to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel.

    What are the accommodations for an individual with special needs in the parks? In the past we were issued a special pass from guest relations to gain access on rides and attractions. Is this program still available? Thanks.

    Hi James ~

    ​I have a son with several types of special needs and I am happy to assist you.

    The Guest Assistance Card (GAC) has now been replaced by the Disability Access Service Card (DAS). You can request a DAS by going to Guest Relations at any of the theme parks. A Cast Member will ask the Guest requesting the DAS (or a parent if it is a child) some questions so they can best accommodate their specific needs. The Cast Members at Guest Relations will take a photo of the Guest for which the DAS is being issued, go over the terms and conditions, and have them (or a parent if it is a minor) sign the card.

    Here is some additional information regarding the details of how the DAS works.

    I've also included a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the DAS .

    Guests can only obtain a DAS return time for one attraction at a time but can request another DAS return time as soon as they have finished one. If available, FastPass+ (FP+) can be used in addition to the DAS. If you are eligible to make FP+ selections prior to your trip, I would encourage you to do so.

    Please feel free to visit us again with all of your planning questions. We are hEAR to help you!

    Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.
thumbnail image for Allison

Meet the Panelist: Allison, Georgia

I'm a Disney-fanatic! I made my first trip to Disney World the year it opened and have grown up crazy for all things Disney. As the Mom of a son with Cerebral Palsy, I love providing recommendations for families traveling with a special needs member. Learn More About Allison

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.